Apply for Financial Aid
St. James Catholic School is committed to serving students from all economic backgrounds by offering scholarships and tuition assistance. Needs-based tuition is awarded based on financial need calculated by completing the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment available here.
We make every effort to meet a family's demonstrated financial need however we are not able to make full-tuition awards. The priority deadline for applying for tuition assistance is March 1, 2024. After that, applications for aid are subject to funds availability. The FACTS Grant and Aid application must be completed each year.
If you have any questions about Financial Aid, please contact Isabel Serrano in the Business Office at IsabelSe@sjcs-savannahga.org or 912-355-3132.
The eligibility requirements, as published on the GRACE Scholars website are listed below:
- Must be a resident of Georgia
- Must meet all admission requirements set by the Catholic school of choice
- Students entering second grade and above must have attended a Georgia public school immediately prior to receiving a scholarship. Students enrolling in an accredited Pre-K program, Kindergarten, or first grade do not have to transfer from a Georgia public school.
- Must meet all eligibility requirements contained in the law under which GRACE operates
The Georgia public school attendance requirement may be waived under these circumstances:
- A student who is assigned to a public school that the Office of Student Achievement determines to be low-performing based on the school attendance zone of his or her primary residence, or
- A student is the subject of officially documented cases of school- based physical violence or student related verbal abuse threatening harm, or
- A student was enrolled in an official home study program for at least one year immediately prior to receiving a scholarship under this law