Inspired by the charism of the IHM sisters, St. James Catholic School prepares students for a life of learning inspired by Christ.
A member of the National Catholic Education Associate with accreditation by Cognia/AdvancED.
A National Blue-Ribbon School of Excellence, St. James offers a challenging curriculum that prepares students for success in high school and the future.
St. James Catholic School opened in August of 1956 on the grounds of St. James the Less Chapel in Savannah
Bishop Thomas J. McDonough staffed the school with four Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary from Immaculata, Pennsylvania
On January 13, 1957, the school and convent were dedicated
In 1960, construction began on the upper school, with eight classrooms, and a cafeteria
In 1983, two additional classrooms and a fine arts room were added
In 1994, after the construction of the St. James Church and parish center (gym), the administrative area and cafeteria were redesigned, and the additional rooms were built to accommodate a science lab, a computer lab, and bathrooms in the annex
In 2000, the school library increased in size to include a media center to honor Mrs. Kay Blanton, the school librarian from 1970-2000
In 2006, the school was re-blessed by Bishop J. Kevin Boland in celebration of the school’s 50th anniversary
In 2014, a new Mac lab and iPad carts were added to the school
In 2018, St. James earned recognition as a National Blue-Ribbon School of Excellence
In 2020, the Mac lab was updated and computers for teachers were upgraded
Smart Boards in every classroom
Mac Computer Lab for all grades
Chromebooks for 7th and 8th grade
PC Research Lab in the library
Two traveling iPad carts
Wireless connectivity throughout campus
- Flag Football
- Cross-Country Running
- Track and Field