Leave A Legacy - Join the St. James Legacy Society Today!
As we continue to build a legacy of faith and service, we invite you to consider joining the St. James Legacy Society—a special opportunity to leave a lasting impact on our beloved School and Parish.
Planned Giving is a thoughtful and impactful way to support the mission and values of St. James School and Parish. By including us in your estate plans, you contribute to the long-term sustainability of our community and ensure that future generations can benefit from the same enriching experiences that define St. James.
- Legacy Giving or Planned Giving empowers philanthropic individuals to make larger gifts to charitable organizations than they could make from standard income.
- A few planned gifts provide lifelong income to donor. Other gift plans use estate and tax planning to provide for charity and heirs in ways that maximize the gift and/or minimize its impact on the donor’s estate.
- By definition, planned giving is how a donor, or potential, creates a financial or estate plan in which they formally decide to give something of value to an organization at a future date. They are also any major gift, made in lifetime or at death as part of a donor’s overall financial and/or estate planning. These include gifts of equity, life insurance, real estate, personal property, or cash.
- Planned Giving is essential to growing our endowment, which provides an additional revenue stream to offset the ever-increasing cost of educating a student.
- A Planned Gift sustains your willingness to give long after your lifetime and makes a powerful statement about the legacy you wish to leave. It can also be an effective way to achieve your financial and estate planning goals while supporting and helping to secure St. James Church and School well into the future.
Legacy of Faith: Leave a lasting legacy that reflects your commitment to the Catholic faith and the values upheld by St. James School and Parish.
Educational Excellence: Support the educational programs and opportunities that shape the minds and hearts of our students, fostering a love for learning and a strong foundation for life.
Community Building: Strengthen the bonds of our parish community, enabling us to continue providing spiritual guidance, support, and fellowship.
Tax Advantages: Enjoy potential tax benefits through planned giving strategies, making your generosity a win-win for both you and St. James.
- Gift Guide Wills, Life Insurance Policies, IRA or 401(k) or 403(k), Bequest, Retirement Plan, Charitable Trust, Donor-Advised Fund, Charitable Gift Annuity, Endowments
- Gifts that Produce Income These are gifts that can be arranged now using assets that will eventually pass to St. James Church and School but from which you can draw income during your lifetime. Such life income gifts include charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts.
- Gifts that will provide IMMEDIATE Tax Savings and benefit St. James Church and School. A direct distribution from your IRA to St. James Church and School is available now for those aged 72 or older. The Tax Relief Act of 2010 allows qualified individuals to make direct distributions from traditional or Roth IRAs without incurring any federal income tax on the amount withdrawn (up to $100,000). The distribution must be made directly from the IRA to St. James Church and School.
Becoming a member of the St. James Legacy Society is simple! CLICK HERE to download the membership form. Consult with your financial advisor or estate planning professional to explore options such as including St. James in your will, establishing a charitable trust, or naming us as beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
For those who have already included St. James School and Parish in their estate plans, we extend our deepest gratitude. Alumni, Parents, Grandparents, Friends, Faculty, and Staff who join the St. James Legacy Society demonstrate their commitment to preserving a strong future for our Parish and Students by supporting our community's continued growth.
If you are considering joining the St. James Legacy Society or have any questions, please reach out to Stephanie Painter, Director of Advancement,
at 912-355-1523 or SPainter@stjamessav.com for confidential assistance.